This vegan sour cream, or if you like sauce, is a great addition to many dishes, can be added to a soup, go on salad or s a dip! I’ve been making it for a while and finally sat down to write a recipe, so here it is for you to try!
Tips and insights:
- The sauce will have a little bit of sunflower seed flavour
- Sour cream might oxidize after sitting in a fridge for a little but it is still ok to eat.
- Make your own adjustments – for example, I like to add some herbs for a herby version
- Wash your sunflower seeds before blending. If you want to soak them for couple of hours – that’s a good idea too.
- I love making this sunflower seed sour cream as I find using sunflower seeds for creamy sauces more sustainable. A popular way of using cashews includes a lot of has a lot of labour and travel behind it.
You will need:
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder (optional)
What to do?
- blend all ingredients till smooth.