There is plenty vegan meat alternatives but not so much fish alternatives. Not that we need a lot but sometimes i’m happy to try some of the substitutes just to add on to how cool can vegan food be! So here is my version of beer battered banana blossom aka fish, I hope you will like it! Make sure you make a sauce, it’s a must!
Tips and insights:
- purchase banana blossoms in brine
- take out the spiky thingies out of blossoms
- cut and fold your blossoms into preferred size pieces
- you can marinate blossoms in some soy sauce and lemon juice before using
- serve it with this tartar sauce
You will need:
- 1 tin of banana blossoms, drained and cut into pieces.
- For the batter:
- 150g (1cup) flour
- 40g (1/4 cup) starch
- 210g (1cup) beer
- 1.5 tsp salt
- Black pepper
What to do?
- to make batter, whisk all the ingredients together, leave the batter to sit for a little bit.
- to fry, heat some oil in a pan, immerse banana blossom pieces in batter and fry in a pan until golden.
- when you take out the pieces from the pan, put them on a paper towel to get rid of extra oil.