Roasted veggie salad.. yum! I always love a good salad and sometimes warm or warm mixed with cold salad is just the comfort that I need. This one is super easy to make and can be your meal, or a side or even a topping for a toastie! Also it is still super yummy cold..:) another good thing about this salad is that there is no exact recipe and you can adjust it however you like!
Tips and insights:
- it would be very very tasty with [vegan] feta instead of tofu! Recipe for almond feta is here
- very important step is to peel the peppers and also if you have an opportunity to get your peppers grilled, go for it!
- I like to use balsamic vinegar glaze which is thicker than just balsamic vinegar.
- I love this roasted veggie salad with almonds but I think pine nuts would be awesome too.
- choose some tasty olive oil;)
- use different colour peppers for extra funkyness!
You will need:
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 red onions
- 1 block of tofu
- Roasted almonds
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
What to do?
- roast whole peppers in the oven at 175C for around 45mins until soft.
- cut the onions and tofu, toss in oil and roast at 175C for around half an hour until golden.
- cool down the peppers, peel them and remove the seeds - that should be easy as peppers get very soft. Cut it into pieces.
- toss onion and peppers with balsamic and olive olive oil (optional), move it to the serving plate/bowl. Put tofu on top, sprinkle with almonds and parsley.