Pumpkin puree is this magical ingredient that can go amazing with anything you make. This is why I always have some of it preserved in one way or another – most commonly I have it frozen. And when the time comes I gladly turn it into something yummy. Like, in this case – fluffy muffins that are perfect for breakfast or afternoon tea.
Tips and insights:
- you can use regular wheat flour instead of spelt flour.
- if you don’t feel like curdling soy milk you can use plant yoghurt instead
- mix in dried berries if you wish – I think cranberries could work really well
- these muffins can be your cupcake base
You will need:
- 160g spelt flour
- 100g pumpkin puree
- 90g soy milk curdled with 1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 80g coconut sugar
- 60g coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1tbsp ground flax seeds mixes with 3tbsp of water)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
What to do?
- melt coconut oil and mix it with sugar
- mix all the ingredients together. Here you can mix in some dried fruits or berries and sprinkle on top some seeds or nuts.
- bake at 180C for 20-25min.