This is fantastic and genius snack idea. I don’t take all the credit for it as I did not invent the fold – I don’t even know who did. But the flavour combination and the looks of it is fantastic! And also how easy it is to make it.. I absolutely recommend everyone to try this and can guarantee you – you will not regret it! Also, I made and Instagram reel for how I make this puff pastry with almond feta filling and I can proudly say that it did amazing – 295k people viewed it!
Tips and insights:
- How to cut and fold the pastry:
- I use plant milk to instead of egg wash
- Also it’s nice to sprinkle some black sesame or nigella seeds on the borders of the folded puff pastry
- Finish it with some fresh basil leaves
- It is nice to mix in some dried herbs like oregano, basil or rosemary into almond mix
- If you can, leave the “cheese” to sit for couple of hours before baking it
You will need:
- Puff pastry
- Cherry tomatoes
- For cheesy filling:
- 100g ground almonds
- 70g water
- 40g lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Dried basil, oregano
What to do?
- blend all filling ingredients till smooth (you can mix the herbs at the very end)
- cut the puff pastry to squares, fold, fill and finish with a tomato - follow the pictures above to see how I cut and fold it.
- bake at 200C for 20-30 min until pastry is cooked.