I think the name speaks for itself. Bounty bars is something I truly love and obviously I had to have my own vegan version of it. And preferably easy to make so I can enjoy it as soon as possible! I cannot imagine better addition to my afternoon coffee. So all the coconut lovers, stay here and keep reading!
Tips and insights:
- make more bars to always have some in the freezer
- actually, when they are half defrosted these bars are like little heavenly ice cream bars
- if you shape the filling to the bars and briefly freeze them before dipping into chocolate – the chocolate will set instantly.
You will need:
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 50g coconut yoghurt
- 50g condensed coconut milk
- dark chocolate
What to do?
- blend desiccated coconut a little bit in a food processor to make it finer
- mix it with coconut yoghurt and condensed milk. If your coconut yoghurt is sweetened - cut the condensed milk a little
- shape the bars - I made 10 from the recipe. If the mix is too soft, put it in the fridge for a little
- put shaped bars to the fridge or freezer for a half an hour
- melt the chocolate in the water bath, dip the bars to coat and here it is! Yuum!
- I recommend to store them in the fridge.