Aubergine is definitely one of my favourite veggies and the way Greek cook it is just amazing. Don’t mix this dip with baba ghanoush – another amazing dip made out of aubergine. This one is not smoky but has more of a tangy note and is an amazing starter, especially served with fresh bread and greek olive oil.
Tips and insights:
- use high quality extra virgin olive oil – I prefer Greek, especially to this recipe!
- use some fresh herbs to freshen it up
- I added a little bit of lemon zest for extra zing
- for serving, toss some bread with olive oil and toast it.
You will need:
- 2 aubergines
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
What to do?
- poke the aubergines with a fork, place on a baking tray and bake in the oven at 175C for 45-60 min until soft when poked
- leave the aubergine to cool to the temperature so you can comfortably remove the skin
- finely chop the aubergine, garlic cloves and mix with the rest of ingredients
- for serving I sprinkled it with a little bit of parsley.